Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas, New Year's, and Our First Movie....

It has been an exciting week!

Our families were all here for Christmas Eve, and the kids enjoyed getting to open their presents. Although we just knew the kids would tear into their presents Christmas morning, we found that they were still overwhelmed by the process! They played with their "Santa" presents, but were reluctant to open other gifts. Leave it up to Aaron--he gladly opened everyone's presents, and the other two were more than willing to let him do so!

The absolute best part of the day was when John and I took them outside to play in what was left of the snow. The kids were not really sure what to do with the snow, when John made a snowball and pelted me with it! They all started laughing and saying "Hit Mommy with snow!" All four of them were running over the yard trying to find enough snow to make a snowball to throw at Mommy. We went over to our neighbors yard to find more snow. They have a pretty steep little slope in their front yard, so Aaron and I barrel rolled down it! We both laughed and laughed! (Of course Adam didn't want to do this...neither did Avery!) It was just so fun being a family and playing outside together....it will forever be one of my sweetest memories.

Brandy and I took the kids to the movie theater today for their first official movie! We watched the Chimpmunks, and the kids loved it! There was about 15 mintues during the middle of the movie where it was just human actors, and the kids got bored with that. But as soon as the chipmunks (and chipettes) came back on, they began clapping and dancing in their seats! They also ate a TON of popcorn!

Tonight John is gone on an annual hunting trip with some friends, so the kids and I celebrated New Year's. Actually, Julie brought over some fake champagne glasses, and the kids said "Cheers!" and toasted! It was so funny! It was bed time as usual for them. As for me...it is quiet in the house and I may just turn in early myself.

Happy New Year's!!




1 comment:

Mike-Jacque said...

I've so been waiting for an update!! Thanks for posting, I can't hardly believe how big they are now. So cute I can't wait to see them again someday. Take care and Happy New Year!!!