Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stomach Virus and More Fun Stuff!

Ok....I have to be honest. Somewhere in the depths of me I was terrified that taking the kids to the Bounce House place would cause them to get sick. I even commented to my real estate business partner that I was sure the place had a high disease infestation. Can you imagine all of the snotty noses on those slides? I'm really NOT germ-phobic, just a realist!


My fears came true when Avery started puking at 2 AM last Saturday (1/10) morning. Poor baby...she threw up four times before 8:30 AM! We had to let her go 8 hours on just liquids (without vomitting) before she could eat. We all went to the stock show that day because she seemed fine. She ate some toast that night before bed, but did throw up a little Sunday. Luckily, by the end of the day Sunday, she was eating bland food. Then, the pooping began. I had no idea one little child could cause that much laundry.


As Avery was recovering, Sunday afternoon (1/11) Adam spiked a 103.6 fever. After 24 hours of fever over 102 he had gotten dehydrated, so we had to take him to Cook's ER for IV fluids. Poor kid had blood drawn, and then IV fluids for 3 hours! We finally got home at 12:30 Monday morning. Thank God Taylor was home to take care of the other two!

While we were at the hospital with Adam, I was doing everything I could to not be sick! I had already laid down for a while that day because I felt like the stomach virus had gotten to me. Yuck! Then, poor Taylor got it on Wednesday of that same week! John and Aaron seemed to escape all the illness!

By Friday of last week, it seemed that everyone had recovered! (My parents came down for the weekend, and unfortunately, got sick too!) Otherwise, we had a great weekend. John and I took the kids to Dino World Sunday at lunch, and then we watched the Steeler's win the AFC Championship game! Here we go to the Super Bowl!!!

I have new pics, but they are on my camera! I will get them downloaded and posted.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Oh no! Sounds like the stomach virus finally made it to your house! Glad everyone is feeling better. Isn't it amazing how much laundry 1 sick kid makes!! We are going to have to get together again soon!!