Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dad's Birthday Present and NEWS!

When John and I went on our first trip to Pittsburgh two years ago, we had caricatures done of us together. The artist, Sam Thong, was amazing and our caricatures looked just like us!
On a couple of occasions John has made the comment that he would really like Sam to do a caricature of the babies. So for John's birthday present, I contacted Sam and emailed him pictures of the kids. Look what he sent back to us! John LOVED it!! (It is a 16X20 pictue. Adam with a book, Avery on her rocking horse, and Aaron playing golf. Notice that everyone has on their Steeler's jerseys and there are footballs everywhere).



I have some news: I will be teaching again starting tomorrow! I have really been contemplating going back to the classroom. John and I agreed it would be a good thing, so I put in my application two weeks ago. The elementary school principal (where I was the principal) called and offered me a long-term sub position while a teacher takes a leave of absence. So, I am taking it!

It may seem weird to some to go back to teaching in the same building where I was a principal. But, I don't see it that way. I enjoyed my time as principal, but I don't want to do it again. I'm in a different place in my life where I just want to enjoy my job and then come home and be with the kids. I don't want to be anyone's boss!


I am very excited! Wish me luck!

Here are some more cute pics of the kids:




2 comments:

Howland Family said...

Well congratulations, I know you will be happy. And I know what you mean about the principal thing. Even though I have never been a principal I have seen the stress and would not trade my position as a teacher for that position. Good luck!!! Amanda

Shelley said...

Wow! Going back to work! You are brave! I thought about you tonight while watching the game! Bet it was exciting at your house!