Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our 1st Trip to Mamaw and Papaw's House

My parents live about 30 miles south of Tulsa. While we've wanted to take the kids to their house for some time, I just couldn't imagine the long road trip and all of the stuff we would have to take! Well, we figured it was definitely time to do it, so we went last weekend!

Let me paint the picture. I started packing and organizing on Tuesday night! So I wouldn't forget anything, I made a detailed list of everything we would need to take. Taylor was off until Wednesday afternoon, so when she got home we first packed the kids clothes. The weather was supposed to be cool at Mom's house, so we had to make sure and pack clothes for warm and cool weather. John worked Thursday morning, but as soon as he got home, he started loading up the Suburban.

-3 Pack 'n Plays
-3 Booster seats
-Suitcases for the kids, John, me, and Taylor
-2 security gates (Just in case we needed to block the kids off from things at Mom's house)
-Small cooler with 3 milk cups, 3 juice cups, and snacks
-Pillows for John, me, and Taylor
-Laundry basket with toys, diapers, wipes, rubber bibs, baby monitor, and their sound machine. (We use it for naps and to help put the kids to sleep. It plays music or makes sounds--like rain. The best $15 we ever spent!)
-Camera and camcorder
-2 strollers
-A bag of shoes for the kids (3 pairs of tennis shoes, 3 pairs of boots, 3 pairs of sandals)
-Medicines, bath supplies, toothbrush

John is a MASTER at packing! The Suburban holds ALL of the above items, as well as 3 toddlers and 3 adults comfortably! It was amazing!
The road trip went very well. Our kids don't sleep much in the car, so they each only slept about 45 minutes in a 5 1/2 hour trip. They were completely fine on the way up but pretty restless on the way home.

We had so much fun! The kids rode the riding lawn mower with Papaw, played with Sadie the dog, played on the wooden rocking horse Papaw made for them, and loved all the goodies Mamaw cooked! My sister was there with her 2 sons, and my brother was also there! (I only get to see him about 2 times a year). It was a great trip and I have TONS of pictures. Here are a few of them!























1 comment:

Patty Downing said...

What darling pictures! It looks like you all had lots of fun. What a LOT of packing, though. Whew!