Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pics from Pittsburgh and sick babies

Pittsburgh was amazing! For those of you who don't know, John is a huge Steelers fan, and has been since he was a little boy. (His whole family was so Cowboy's crazy that he decided to cheer for the one team that the Cowboy's really hated....and in the '70s, that was the Steelers!) I have definitely developed a love for the Steelers over the years as well. I really like the fan following and the high standards of the team owners and coaches. Anyway....two years ago John and I decided to go to a home Steeler's game. It was an amazing experience! The fans are so great, and absolutely Steeler crazy. Pittsburgh was beautiful too...nothing like I had imagined. The hills, rivers, huge trees, great food, and history were really cool. From that first trip we decided we would go to at least one home game each year.

I didn't go with John last year. When we were making arrangements, I wasn't sure I was ready to leave the babies yet. But, he went with some friends and they had a great time. Well, this year there was no way he was going without me!!

It was cold this year, and snowed much of the first half of the game. The snow really started to come down right before the game started, and the fans went nuts! It was SO funny! Everyone we've met there is extremely friendly. Two of our friends from Granbury went with us this year. Here are some pics before the game. (That is downtown Pittsburgh behind us.) The pic of the back of John with Jason has history. In 1997, John, Jason, and I drove to Tennessee to see the Steeler's play the Titans. I have a great pic of the back of John and Jason with two different jerseys on. I had to have that same type of pic again! (I took a bunch of other pictures, but I used some disposable cameras we needed to use up. I haven't gotten them developed yet!)


















While we were gone, all three babies got SICK! Aaron's ear drum ruptured, and all three were miserable. When we got home Monday, Avery was running 103.8 fever. Yikes! Taylor and I took all three to the dr first thing Tuesday morning. Sure enough, three ear infections. Adam's ear drum also ruptured during the week. That stuff that oozes out of the ear is icky! Last week was pretty rough. I had to work alot, and Taylor was home with three sick kids. Not the most fun week ever!

I am happy to report, however, that Friday morning the kids woke up in great moods! I got to stay home with them all weekend, and we had so much fun! We would go to the store, Sonic, ride around, play chase...and Dad and I took them to the park yesterday. Avery and Aaron love the slides--Adam, not so much. He preferred to swing with Dad. It's nice to have our kids back! (I hate it when they are sick!)

Here are some pics Taylor took of them in their Steeler's jerseys while we were at the game on Sunday. We turned them into black/white pictures..Too cool! (Adam is looking right at the camera, and Aaron is cutting his eyes.)





No comments: