Thursday, November 8, 2007

Life with Triplets: Warning I wrote a novel!

Hello! I was watching TLC this week about other parents with triplets. It's funny because I see it on TV and think, "Man, those parents have so much work to do." But, we live it, and don't think a thing about it. I guess someone could tape our daily lives-- all the bottles, diapers, and formula, and it would look much worse than it feels. The fact is, three babies is all we've ever known. I felt so naked when I just took Avery to the doctor last Friday--just one baby--it seemed like a breeze! Our babies are very good natured, however, and I know that makes a HUGE difference! I'll take our three babies over one crying, fussy baby any day! Now, don't get me wrong, it is extremely difficult taking care of three babies. But we wouldn't have it any other way!

The babies are all eating so well. The boys are taking almost 4 oz. per feeding, and Avery is up to 100 ml (3 1/2 oz). Since we switched her to the boys' formula, she has been sucking it down like there is no tomorrow. We are going through one can of formula every day. For those math types: $17/can X 7 days a week =$119/week. We are so fortunate from people's generosity, though, because we have not bought one single diaper or wipee since the babies have been home.

My parents came to visit last weekend (I've included pictures). It was great to have them here because John had gone duck hunting. They really helped a ton! John was excited to hunt, but he missed the babies so much. I had to email him after every feed so that he would know how the babies ate and how they were doing. When he got home I bet he kissed on them for two hours straight.

The cutest thing happened yesterday. To understand, you have to know that Adam is our pensive child. He looks at things and studies them very carefully. Because he is always so deep in thought, he smiles the least of the three. Anyway, Chelsea and I were playing with the babies on the floor. She picked up Avery, and after playing with her, started to lay her back down by Adam. When Adam made eye contact with Avery, he got the hugest smile on his face! Chelsea and I looked at each other to make sure we both saw it! Then, last night, John was holding Adam. I put Avery close to him and he did the exact same thing. How sweet!!

Avery has been rolling over from her tummy to her back, and the boys are sitting up while holding my hands. They are all getting so strong and changing so much. Enjoy the pictures! (Geez...I had lots to say today!)
























2 comments:

SHAG said...

Wow! It was great to hear the updates on the babies. They have grown since I last checked your update. Their faces have filled out so much. They are adorable! I hope to come by soon to see everyone. Take care!

Judy said...

Hey - not sure if my comment went thru. The babies are lookin' good!!! Too adorable! Tell your Mom HI for me!

PS - youv'e got waaay more stamina than I do!! I am soo glad I don't have to do the diaper thing anymore.

Judy