Friday, November 2, 2007

Smiling and Cooing

The boys are now smiling too! And both of them have started cooing! I love their little voices! I've tried for 3 days to get a good picture, but haven't had any luck. I did take this one of their Camo Dinosaur outfits. I thought they looked cute. Aaron is on the left....and Adam was MAD!

Wednesday they had RSV shots (a new shot to help prevent RSV). They will take them every month from October through April during RSV season. RSV is essentially the human cold virus, and it is very dangerous for preemies. That is why we have to be so cautious about taking the babies out to places, and making sure that everyone that comes over washes their hands thoroughly. Before we left the NPCU, Dr. Grubbs warned us that RSV would easily land the babies back into the hospital. When we went for shots the babies were weighed. Aaron is 9 lbs. 10 oz, Adam 9 lbs. 8 oz, and Avery 8 lbs 5 oz. Adam gained 12 ozs last week! They are all doing so well!!

Avery's visit to the cardiologist went great today. She has two small holes in the arteries leading to the lungs (They are called PDAs). It's common in preemies. The cardiologist said that he feels certain the holes will close by the time she is one, and there is no affect on her heart function. She had an EKG and an echocardiogram. She did great during both tests...just smiling at the x-ray tech! We don't have any other doctor's appointments until Nov. 28th! YEAH!!!

Last night the babies went 5 hours between one of their feeds! We fed them at 7:30 because they were acting like they were starving. (Although they ate at 6:00). I decided to try putting them to bed to see what would happen. Well, they didn't wake up until 1:15 this morning! I couldn't believe it! Of course I woke up in a panic when I saw what time it was...I think all moms do that the first time their babies sleep longer. We'll see how tonight goes...
Love to you all!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CONTINUING TO POST YOUR PICS AND IN KEEPING US ALL UP TO DATE WITH THEIR AMAZING PROGRESS. IM SURE I SPEAK FOR ALL WHEN I SAY, WE THOROUGHLY ENJOY THEM!

MARIE