Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Power Family Follies

We fed the babies at 7:00 last night and put them to bed. They were all pretty hungry and tired, so John and I figured it was time for them to wrap up their day.

At 12:15 AM Cletus's wet nose woke me out of a deep sleep. (The babies were still sleeping!) I let Cletus outside to use the bathroom and upon him finishing, snuggled back into bed. About 15 minutes later, Cletus was laying his head on my chest. "Do you need to potty again?" I asked him. He just wagged his tail, so I got up. (The babies were still sleeping!) I walked into the living room to find Bella eating a bag she had found in the trash. "Bella get back to bed!" She looked so guilty, and Cletus was obviously telling on her.

We return to the bedroom and I hear Avery rooting around. I pick her up and hold her for a few minutes thinking she will drift off to sleep. Nope...she was ready to eat. The boys were sacked out, so I took her into the living room and fed her. About the time I finished with her, I could hear the boys waking up. I put Avery in a swing, grabbed Adam and Aaron, and fed them too.

I take Adam back to bed first. I no more lay him down than he starts spitting up. I quickly scoop him up and take him into the nursery to get new clothes. I wipe him down, change his clothes, wrap him in a blanket, and we are off to bed. I put down a waterproof mat over the spit-up so that he doesn't sleep in it...then I can change the sheets in the morning.

Back to the living room to get Aaron, who is asleep in his Boppy. I wrap him in his blanket, and lay him in bed. (Adam is already asleep...whew...) Then, back to the living room to get Avery. I turn on a small light so I can see what I'm doing, and notice that Aaron has spit up. I put Avery in bed and grab Aaron. The spit up was EVERYWHERE! The whole back of his head was covered!

OK...back to the other bathroom. Aaron gets a bath, change of clothes, and a new blanket. I grab another waterproof pad to lay in the crib, and I put him down in bed. I snuggle down in bed, and Aaron starts crying. I realize he's probably hungry, so I get up, make a bottle and feed him again. A good burp and 2 1/2 hours after it all started...I finally get back in bed, have a good laugh, and thank God for our children.

Of course I could have gotten John up, but it was just a series of events one right after the other...thank Goodness it didn't happen all at once!

Now for pictures....Chelsea put Avery in the clothes hamper after getting the clothes out of the dryer. She looks so cute! Aaron is "Captain Drool," and Adam is smiling at Chelsea's boyfriend Carl. Also, the boys are tired after yesterday's walk, and Avery is smiling at her daddy.











No comments: