Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New Pictures as Promised

Everything is still going well in the NPCU!

Adam weighs 3 lbs. 9 oz, Aaron is 3 lbs. 10 oz., and Avery is now 4 lbs. 1 1/2 oz! The babies are eating between 35-45 ml at each feeding. Aaron is our star eater and burper--it only takes him about 20 minutes to finish off the whole bottle. Adam eats well too, but is much harder to burp. And then there's Avery, poor girl...they changed the formula used to fortify my breast milk and she doesn't like it at all. I feel sorry for her because she has to eat it. I'm interested in seeing if she gained/maintained her weight tonight since it seems like she spits out most of the milk.


It is still looking like we will room in by the end of the week. Each day we take our overnight bag just in case we get to stay. Dr. Grubbs still wants a couple of days of weight gain for the boys and to watch Avery's tummy. I'd be lying if I told you that I wasn't VERY disappointed the last two days. But, I know that God's timing is perfect, and the babies will be coming home when the Dr. feels comfortable. John is my voice of reason about this. I know he wants them home too, but he can look at the situation much more analytically than I.


Here are some new pictures! Aaron is in the blue hat, Adam in the Alphabet hat, and you can easily pick out Miss Avery. I love it when she keeps her eyes open...they are so big! Their outfits swallow them even though they are Preemie sized. It is so funny when their arms and legs get lost in all the material. Enjoy!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, thanks so much for the pixs! They are changing all the time. They are so beautiful. Yes, God's timing is perfect. Easy to say, hard to understand sometimes! Hang in there! Love you guys! Courtney

Anonymous said...

3 little peas in a pod! They are just too too cute.
Hugs,
Patty

Anonymous said...

I'm ready for my Peanut, Scooter & Miss Princess to get home so that I can wrestle them around! Aunt Joni

SHAG said...

Precious! The babies have filled out so much in their faces. Don't get discouraged. They will be home soon. You and John are truly blessed that they are healthy. I can't believe they are planning to come home so soon and doing so well with the bottle. It took my twins awhile to eat, like an hour each feeding. Talk about late nights! They also stayed almost 6 weeks. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Jill and John the pictures are precious! Hang in there Wayne and I know a fraction of what it is like to think you get to bring them home and then things change. We went through that with Reagan but not the duration you guys have had so I can only imagine your thoughts and feelings. I also found with my two that Shelby had a harder time finding the right formula...I think it is a "girl thing"! Reagan would have probably eaten goats milk! Take care and you are all in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

WOW! They are beautiful! And growing like crazy! I know ya'll are anxious to bring the little tykes home, but they will be in their own little snuggly bed before you know it! I can't wait to hold the little bugs! :)
Love ya!

Kandy