Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Triplets Take their First Bottle!

John and I have had an amazing two days at the NPCU. Tuesday night we got to help weigh the babies, measure their heads, change their bedding, and hold them all.

Today was definitely an unexpected surprise! When the doctor made rounds, he said that all three babies need to start trying to nipple feed two times per day! We couldn't believe it...we thought we were at least two weeks from that! (Probably because of per ignorance!!) All three did it! Adam took the least amount of milk, then Avery, then Aaron. Aaron was our little champ today--he took the whole bottle! I cried!


It was ironic because I had just read an article about how hard the feeding process actually is for preemies. If you think about it, the tiny baby is required to suck, swallow, all the while remembering to breath. What another blessing that they could all do it! Believe it or not, I get to start trying to breast feed tomorrow! More progress for the little ones!! :)


I got to Kangaroo hold everyone today, and Dad held everyone too. Praise God for more answered prayers! While we took a million pictures today, here are a few.


Avery






























Adam


































Aaron










8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Power Trio look so awesome and will continue to thrive because of all your love. God has truly blessed both of your lives.

Thoughts & prayers always,
The Olivers

Anonymous said...

The progress of these amazing babies is unbelivable. Praise God! I love reading all the good news! Keep the pixs coming!! Love ya! courtney

Anonymous said...

I am so amazed! It is just a true miracle. You look so relaxed and like you have been doing this for ever. You were truly meant to have babies. Keep going strong. I am proud of Aaron. I guess he will be my favorite. Love ya, Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so amazing....well it really shouldn't surprises me huh...you know they have to get their intelligence from their daddy...lol so what more could we expect. Actually we all know they get it from mom no doubt about it. It is such a blessing to see how well all 3 are doing, God does answer prayers. Can't wait to see them!!
Take Care & God Bless
LN

Cybil said...

OK...I am crying. It is amazing that they all took a bottle and Jill it will be wonderful to be able to start breastfeeding them! They are truly a blessing from God. All three look wonderful. Keep sending more pics....Cyb

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a beautiful miracle. They are amazing! God is good and he knew what he was doing-he knew the two of you could handle that much love at one time!! (How soon will you need a babysitter?!?)

Love,
Vicky

Susan Branham said...

Hi Jill and John,
I am so proud for the both of you. Im sorry I missed you all the other day. Jacob had a Dr. Appt at cooks and I was hoping to catch you all. Maybe another time. Hopefully you got the gifts I left at the nurses station.I love readind and seeing the pictures. They are truly little angels sent here to bless your lives! Love, Susan

Anonymous said...

The babies are absolutely beautiful! I work with Judy... and Roy and we all check the blog daily to see how the babies are progessing! It has been so amazing to see how quickly they are all growing!

What a blessing to have 3 such happy, healthy little ones!

Congratulations to you all! I can see the joy and pride in Judy's face when she talks about the little ones!

I can't wait to follow their progress and she them grow!

-Terri Brown, Okmulgee, OK