Thursday, August 30, 2007

Life at Home

Hello! Things are going so well at the house! The boys have adjusted so quickly! They are on a 3-hour feeding schedule: 6--9--12--3, etc. Sometimes they wake up on their own, but mostly during the night I have to set an alarm and wake them up. I have even figured out how to feed them both at the same time! I am really enjoying being home with them. It is such a special feeling that I never would have understood before.

Chelsea, their nanny, started yesterday. She is AWESOME! Such a natural with the kids. I know they will love her! She will work about 24 hours per week. We are so thankful for her! She and I took the boys to the pediatrician yesterday. The Dr. was pleased and impressed with their progress. We will go back weekly for 4 weeks to check weight gain, etc.

Baby Avery is doing very well too. John went to the NPCU this afternoon to spend time with her. (He got some cute pictures too). I'm not sure she will want to come home: she's in a pink crib with pink sheets, and today she was wearing a pink outfit! Avery's nurses are taking great care of her. They are snuggling with her and even taking her around the unit to visit other nurses. John discovered today that she loves it when you take her hat off and rub her hair. He said she made the cutest faces! Turns out the boys like it too!

Tonight we had a loud thunderstorm. It cracked me up because the boys slept right through it, but Cletus and Bella were in John's lap! I took a picture of them too. They are still our babies as well! Cletus is very curious about the babies, and comes to us each time one of them squeaks. Bella will do an occasional sniff, but pretty much doesn't care. And of course Alex totally ignores them...cats.

I'm going to the hospital to be with Avery tomorrow. I haven't seen her since Tuesday, and it is killing me!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've anxiously been waiting to see how things are going. Glad to hear that everythings AOK. The boys look so content at home. I love Miss Avery in all the pink, too cute! Thanks for taking the time to keep us all in the loop of the Trips~love ya!! court

Anonymous said...

I have totally enjoyed keeping up with the TRIPS birth and continual progress. I hope you can keep posting here, since we won't be able to see you all that much. I can only imagine you two's excitement, pride, and contentment now that things that you have been waiting for so-o-o long have finally happened. 3rd time's a charm really is.... You have beautiful babies to complete your family.


Denise & Gary