Monday, July 30, 2007

One Week Old...

The babies are One Week Old Today! Even as I post this, I am reminded of their birthday...They were officially born at 5:18, 5:19, and 5:20.
Today was an important milestone for the babies. They all had brain scans this morning to check for any brain hemorrhages. It is standard practice for babies born before 32 weeks. I am happy to report that there are no signs of problems! John tried to convince the doctor to go ahead and say that they are also the most intelligent children he's ever seen, but I don't think the scans checked their IQs!! :)

All 3 babies are next to each other now in the Progressive Care Unit. They are still on monitors, in their own incubators, and being feed with a tube. They currently have their feeding tubes in their noses so that they can try to start sucking on passifiers. Aaron is the only one that has taken his passifier so far. It was so cute to see that tiny passifier in his little mouth. Organized sucking is one of the last things to develop, so it will be 2-3 more weeks before we even try to bottle feed them.

John and I got to Kangaroo hold everyone today, and it was a wonderful feeling. Being able to hold your baby skin to skin is something most parents take for granted, but is a special event for us!

Diaper Change!
John is an expert "temperature taker"(done at each diaper change under the arm with a digital thermometer)and I am getting to change everyone's diapers when I am there. Look how tiny the diapers are!














New Pictures of Avery
No, I'm not playing favorites! Just wanted you to see Avery without all her tubes! There is also one picture with my sister, Joni.
























Diapers
Thanks for all the diapers! John organized the diapers in our kitchen nook. They are organized by size, with wipes being last. We've used your gift cards to buy diapers too.

The Trips Say their First Words Today!
John is absolutely sure he heard:
"Pittsburgh" --Avery
"Steelers"--Adam
"Rule!"--Aaron

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading everyday about the babies and their progress. I am excited, relieved and so happy for all of you. But,in several years, I do hope Avery is a Cowboys' cheerleader, Aaron a Cowboys' quarterback and Adam a Cowboys' running back. Then let's see who rules!!

bd

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the pictures of your beautiful children! I love reading about their progress. Such an answer to prayer! You look AWESOME! I can't believe you just had 3 babies. Your amazing! Keep the pixs coming and bring those babies to West Texas!! love ya!!court

Amy ZR said...

Congratulations from the Rorks! We can't wait to see the little Triple Powers. Way to go, Jill!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see them!!!

Chelsea