Saturday, July 14, 2007

29 Weeks

We are 29 weeks now! This past week just flew by! We are just so excited with the way things are going. I keep thinking about what a blessing it would be to actually make it to 32-33 weeks (which is average gestation for triplets). But, I don't want to be greedy. Even if something happened, and the babies came now, there is an excellent chance of survival.

I have to admit, things are getting harder. My belly has gotten so big that I feel like it takes a build up of momentum to even turn over in bed! Also, it's harder to move from a lying to a sitting position, and the backaches are much more common. I know these are all typical symptoms of pregnancy, and I'm thankful for them, but it is uncomfortable!

I have officially been on bedrest for 7 weeks now...3 1/2 weeks of it in the hospital. Some days are easier than others for sure. But, we would be in the hospital regardless (either me in bed or the babies in the NICU), so I would rather be right here!

I love to put my hands on my stomach and feel the babies moving around. I just love them so much already, and feel like I'm getting to know their personalities by the way they move. You moms out there know exactly what I mean! It will be such an amazing day to actually see their little faces!

5 comments:

NurseAnn said...

Jill,
I can't believe that this is really happening! I am so happy for you and John. This is the greatest job that you could ever have taken on! Remember each event as it happens, I know you are writing them down. Do it while you have time. You may skip some months of writing when the kids get here! Kids, that sounds so funny! Well I love you and am so proud for you and I know that Daddy John is reading up on his duties. Tell him they all fall under Honey, would you etc!!!!! It won't be long till they will be screaming your name!
Love to all,
NurseAnn

NurseAnn said...

Jill,
I can't believe that this is really happening! I am so happy for you and John. This is the greatest job that you could ever have taken on! Remember each event as it happens, I know you are writing them down. Do it while you have time. You may skip some months of writing when the kids get here! Kids, that sounds so funny! Well I love you and am so proud for you and I know that Daddy John is reading up on his duties. Tell him they all fall under Honey, would you etc!!!!! It won't be long till they will be screaming your name!
Love to all,
NurseAnn

NurseAnn said...

Yes I edit the comment and sent them both! What else did you think I would do!
NurseAnn

Ginger said...

Jill,
I love the blog; what a great way to keep "us" (your extended school family) up to date with baby news. Also the babies will enjoy reading it when they are all grown-up. What a great record for them to have! I am so happy for you and John and so proud of you! I can't believe you have been on bedrest for seven weeks; it doesn't seem that long ago you were still at school. I guess it is easy for me to say that since I am not the one with the growing waistline and backaches. Hang in there, girl! It will all be worth it!
Love you!
Ginger

Anonymous said...

Jill, I am so happy that things are going so good. You look so cute in your picture. Keep on hanging in there, but I know you can't watit to meet those little angels. I also love the name Aaron. I wonder why. I am praying. Love ya, Cagle