Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Tuesday, July 3rd: It's been two more good days! (And I've officially been in here 2 weeks) Yesterday Dr. Tabor returned from vacation, and was pleased to see that I am still pregnant!

Shannon Hulsey cut my hair when she and her girls came to visit yesterday! She even brought her wax so she could fix my eyebrows. Thanks Shannon! I was looking so scraggly. Her next visit may involve some hair color....the grey is taking over.

My parents are in town and have spent the last two days here. It sure has been nice getting those backrubs and headrubs from mom. I guess you never get too old for your mom to baby you. John got here first thing this morning. It has been two weeks since our last FFN test, and we were both anxious to do it again. The FFN is a swab test they do on me. It looks for some type of enzyme a pregnant woman releases when she is within 2 weeks of going into labor. Although the test is designed for singleton pregnancies, my doctor has faith in it for multiples too. And the result was NEGATIVE! Essentially there is about a 0% chance that I will go into labor within the next two weeks!!! Now, having said that, if there are any changes with the mild case of preeclampsia, then delivery may be necessary. Regardless, there is a strong chance that we will at least be safe for 2 more weeks. I am 27 1/2 weeks now, so putting me close to 30 would be awesome.

I say it often, but thanks so much for all your calls, emails, and visits to the hospital. They all mean so much to us. Thanks also to everyone who is calling John and offering to help him at home. He is doing a wonderful job balancing work, home, the puppies, and coming to see me. Please keep him in your prayers also that he is safe in all his trips to see me.

I hope you all have a wonderful July 4th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the blog, I am adding it to my favorites now. I am so happy that Shannon came to see you. It just makes a girl feel good to look pretty. See you, Bridgett